Denton Jazz Reviews
While considering Denton Jazz Chronicles blog a work-in-progress, I resolve to review as many local jazz events as possible. Although I have tried through the years to be in more than one place at a time, I found it difficult. Therefore, I welcome every opportunity to re-post reviews written by other bloggers and post reviews by contributors who enjoyed performances I was unable to attend.
- As always, a special thank you to Karen Meredith at Sweetwater Grill & Tavern for inspiring Denton Jazz Chronicles and being a great contacts and information resource.
- Thank you Steve Horn for covering First Tuesdays and more at Banter Bistro Denton.
- Much appreciation to Mr. Joe Pinson for his weekly fine arts listings.
- Kudos to the University of North Texas College of Music and the Jazz Studies Division Faculty and Staff for keeping up to date and on track with their dynamic programs and events.
- Thanks to the many musicians who send updates on their respective news and events.
- And a dear friend from back in Abilene, Dr. William “Cone” Johnson, who taught me a thing or two about real jazz through the Texas Blues & Jazz Society and his KACU 89.7 – Public Radio Sunday night show, “All About Jazz.” His three-hour program has run (and is still broadcasting) on KACU for a stellar 26 years! (Thanks, Dr. Jazz.)
- Finally – the City and County of Denton – Local Live Jazz is one of our treasures. This blog is about you and for you.